Event Site Information
This year the A&S Tourney will be held at beautiful Coyote Lake Park near Gilroy.
The park offers lovely camping facilities and a nearby lake to offer some coolness to the warm July days
Site opens at noon on Friday and closes at 4 PM on Sunday.
Park & Site Fees
- The park charges an entrance fee to everyone. The park fee is in addition to the A&S site fee.
- Both the park fee and the event site fee will be collected at the event gate, not at the park gate.
- The park assessed fee is $5 per car for those day tripping or a $6 fee per car/night for camping.
- The event site fees are $10/member, $13/non-member, $5/child.
- Any applicable class fees are payable directly to the class instructor.
There will not be any target archery at this event.
Dogs must be on a leash at all times and the other end of the leash must be attached to something or someone. Please clean up after your dogs so we may continue to use this site.
A noise ordinance will take effect at 10 p.m.
Maps of the park
Getting to the Park:
- Location: The event site is 0.2 miles northwest of the Coyote Lake County Park Ranger Station, which is at 10840 Coyote Lake Rd, Gilroy, CA 95020-9164. The route below is based on the Park's handout.
Mapquest will give directions that are slightly shorter in distance,
but have 6 additional legs between 101 and Roop.
- Directions from the West: Gilroy is about 25 miles south of San Jose. From US 101 in Gilroy, take the Leavesley Rd. exit (just north of the outlet stores).
Follow Leavesley 1.6 miles east to New Ave. Turn left on New and [*] proceed north for 0.6 miles.
Leave New Ave. by turning right onto Roop Rd.
Note your odometer reading, and follow Roop east into the hills 3.4 miles.
1.8 miles after leaving New, continue to the left at a fork midway through a sharp left curve.
3.2 miles after leaving New
continue past a gravel road on the left at the new Mendoza entrance to Coyote Park.
3.4 miles after leaving New
there is a blue street sign on the right where Roop becomes Gilroy Hot Springs Road.
Turn left there on Coyote Lake Road (asphalt),
and follow it west and north 1.3 miles, past the park office and park gate kiosk on the right, continue another 0.2 miles and turn right into the event parking lot.
Directions from the Central Valley: From I-5 take Highway 152 West, and about 28 miles from I-5 and 1.5 miles past Casa de Fruta note your odometer reading as you pass the turnoff for CA 156.
Pass Bloomfield Road 7.0 miles past CA 156, and 2.0 miles after Bloomfield stay to the right on Ferguson Road as CA 152 turns to the left.
Follow Ferguson northerly about 2 miles, where Ferguson will then turn left and become Leavesley.
Continue westerly about 0.2 miles on Leavesley, turn right onto New Ave, and follow the directions above from the '*'.